Tuesday 16 June 2009

S.M.A.R.T Goals for mini-break weekend

In 38 days time I have a mini-break/weekend away with my friend and need to look good for it. This is my first blog target and it brings in with it a new tradition, setting SMART goals. I work in marketing and my life revolves around acronyms so get learning: 

S - Specific 
M - Measurable
A - Attainable
R - Realistic
T - Timely 


So here we go - targets for the 38 day mini-break countdown:

  • Lose 14lbs
  • Weigh myself only once per week
  • Work up to 20 minutes of jogging on the treadmill
  • Go to the gym six days a week - 3 days = 90 mins of cardio, 3 days = 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weights
  • Try at least one food I think I don't like a week (I am notoriously fussy and claim to not like most things regardless of if I have ever even tried them)
  • Blog once a day when I am at home and keep trying to give all the amazing people who support me lots of support back
  • Drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day
  • Stop the 'all or nothing mentality' (one biscuit does not mean you may as well eat the whole packet, if I cut my finger I would not think it would be worth chopping my arm off so why do I think it applies to food?)
Think that is enough to be going on with!! Hopefully they are all 'smart' and looking forward to putting them into practice.

2 comments:

  1. "...if I cut my finger I would not think it would be worth chopping my arm off so why do I think it applies to food?"

    This made me laugh!! You're so right. I'm definitely going to remember this the next time sweet treats are staring me in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks amanda - the whole 'all or nothing' thing is something that gets me everytime, will have to look at my finger every I think about it now!

    ReplyDelete