Thursday 18 June 2009

37 days to target - addicted

I'm here to make a confession, I'm addicted. 

When I wake up it is my first thought, it's why I wake up so early. As soon as I get in the car it is the first thing I think about - how am I going to get my fix. Once I get my first taste I know I am safe but this doesn't last for long. Soon I am wondering if I am getting enough, is this the latest way the kids are doing it, should I be doing it differently? 

Then my time comes to an end and I have to stop for the day. Still thinking I might not have got enough. Yes, that's right...I am addicted........to Cardio.

Honestly people!! I can't get enough. This morning I did 30 mins cardio and 30 mins weights (or tried to as there are new weight machines at the gym and had to figure them out but that's another story). But the whole time I could only think that maybe I should be doing more cardio, that it's "better" than weights. I need to snap out of my sordid love affair with cardio and start seeing weights as just as valuable!!

Today has been another great day. There are spinning bikes at the gym now in the main area (not just in the spinning room) so I did about 15 mins on there and 20 mins on the cross trainer. Also tried to navigate the new weight machines for 30 mins. Food has been great today and think I may have got my sense back when it comes to food and watching what/how much I eat.

So how are all of your days? any addiction confessions to make? anyone want to join cardio-aholics with me?! xx


2 comments:

  1. That is not such a bad thing... right?! I am learning to love running (in small short intervals)! This is a good thing... Learning to love exercise is a positive life change! Good for you!
    XO Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you!! I would do cardio over strength training ANY day of the week! Having that said, it's really great you see the value in both since although you burn more calories quicker with cardio, strength training is what sets us up to build lean muscle and have more of an "afterburn" of calories even when we're not working out. It's all connected!

    So proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete