Wednesday 17 June 2009

38 days till target - born to run

Been thinking about my blog all day and what I wanted to share with everyone. Had to hold myself back as going to post once a day so I don't overdose on blogging (I know what I'm like when it comes to going over the top!)

So this morning I was up nice and early and weighed myself. Although I have lost weight over the last 9 or so weeks, I am taking this point as my fresh start and so this will be weigh in number one...

Weight - 217lbs
Fat percentage - 35.9%

This means that my target for 38 days time will be 203lbs.

My early start meant I was at the gym before the doors opened - I felt this confirmed my official entry into the early birds club at the gym. I have been bobbing around on the edge of the group for a couple of weeks but everyone decided to welcome me into the gang and I took part in that awkward British tradition of chatting to people you don't really know to be polite.

At the gym I did my first day of the c25k programme. I was feeling quite smug and was jogging away happily until I got about half way through and was ready to give up, I considered it and then realised I would never get anywhere with that attitude so I carried on and did it. I felt great but did not look it - that think should come with a warning about just how red your chubby face will go! At the gym I also climbed the leaning tower of pisa (on the stepper!) cycled 20 mins and did 30 mins on cross trainer. So hurrah, that is 90 mins of Cardio done.

Work was hectic today and have a long and intense meeting with my boss tomorrow to present my findings on a project so didn't have much time to myself today. Had a good lunch from Marks & Spencer's and managed to avoid the pitfalls of the 4pm boredom/hunger combination thanks to the amount of water I drank today!

I'm sure I had more to share with everyone but I will sign out for today. I've just had my dinner (salmon, salad, pitta bread, sweetcorn) and know I can say that today has been an amazing day and bring on the next 37 days!!

Thanks to everyone on here/twitter for your support, I am amazed anyone would want to read my rambling thoughts let alone have something to say in response so thank you all. Big hugs to everyone! 

3 comments:

  1. Great post!! You are doing an awesome job!! So proud of you! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - think I found the missing ingredient in this effort...the faith that I could do something if I put my mind to it. Thanks again for your support lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. on the #twitterbury list and have seen you've been losing weight.
    really need to get some motivation to lose weight - have about a stone&1/2 to lose. how are you going about it. are you following an eating plan?

    ReplyDelete