Tuesday 30 June 2009

40 days and 40 nights

So tomorrow is the 1st of July - 40 days until I go to Dublin for a 5 day holiday with my friend to celebrate her birthday - and is going to be the start of my next countdown. A new countdown needs new targets so here we go:

1) Make packed lunches for work everyday (and actually eat them) - buying lunch from pret/eat/m&s costs a small fortune and means you eat more than you would normally

2) Remember 'all or nothing' is a destructive approach to eating - make sensible choices and do not go overboard

3) Stop thinking of food as 'good' or 'bad' - is it the amount of it you eat and how you eat it that determines it's affect on your body

4) Go to the gym at least 5 times a week and focus on more weight/strength training alongside cardio

5) Lose 14lbs (I know this is a high target but need something to reach for to stop getting complacent)

6) Cut out Alcohol apart from on special occasions (e.g. none at all during the week and not at the weekend unless for friend's birthday etc, normal weekend night does not count as a special occasion) 

7) Be able to wear a size 16 (US size 12 I think?) so I can shop in Topshop/Miss Selfridge etc and start to really enjoy clothes!

So that is that. 40 days to make another change in my life - bring. it. on!!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Those sound like really great goals! Im sure you will be able to achieve them. I like #2. You are so right, all or nothing is not a good approach. Its about progress, not perfection.

    ReplyDelete